- 1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves
Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.
Per serving: Calories: 177; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 2 grams; Total carbohydrates: 28 grams; Sugar: 18 gram; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 18 milligrams; Sodium: 72 milligrams
Raw Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Pulse dates, nuts, oats, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Press the date mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Mash half the strawberries and spread on top of date mixture. Top with remaining strawberries. Slice into rectangles