Please Help, College Students' Car Stolen

https://gofund.me/fd308666

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Winter Favorites


My Favorite Ingredient
CHILI POWDER
Buy: I love to use chili powder in dishes in the wintertime; its heat warms the soul on cold nights. I often use the spice in soups, stews and, of course, in chili.
Chili powder has a lovely rusty-red color. It's usually a mix of ground chiles, along with herbs and spices such as garlic, cumin, coriander, cloves and oregano.
Store: Cili powder will keep for one year in the cupborad and up to two years stored in the refrigerator.
Cook: When I make chili con carne, I add about one tablespoon of chili powder to four cups of liquid. You can add a bit more if you like a stronger flavor. Chili powder also complements chichen and beef dishes and is always great in Mexican dishes, too. I love it tossed with nacho chips and cheddar cheese.

No comments: